- Info on Maxi-Cosi
- Reviews & Questions
- Shipping Info
- Celebrity Users
- Product Movie
The Maxi-Cosi 2wayFix provides protection and safety for children, enabling rearward-facing travel up to approximately 4 years old, which enhances protection of the head and neck.
This base is compatible with the Maxi-Cosi 2wayPearl and Pebble Plus (sold separately).
- Adjustable support leg; installation feedback confirms valid length position of support leg
- Installation feedback including feedback to switch off frontal passenger airbag travelling rearward facing, and not to place baby forward facing before turning 15 months
- Compact and modern design to fit most cars
- Batteries included and replaceable (2 penlights)
- Low battery warning signal flashes when energy drops below 30%. The 2wayFix still functions on an empty battery, but replacement is highly recommended in order to retain the lights and sound safety check
The year: 1984, a time when car travel for children meant a very limited choice of unsafe options.
Options such as unrestrained carrycots for babies and chairs simply hung over the back seat for toddlers.
However, 1984 was also the year that saw the introduction of Europe’s very first infant car seat. It was introduced by Maxi-Cosi and it was quite simply a revolution.
Brought to Europe by a small Dutch company
The concept of this infant car seat originated in the US, and was brought to Europe by a Dutch entrepreneur called Sjef van der Linden.
Sjef ran a successful retail nursery store in Helmond, Holland where the Dutch head office of Maxi-Cosi is still located. The moment he saw the concept, he knew it was perfect, and the first Maxi-Cosi car seat was born.
Everyone at Maxi-Cosi has set themselves a single, unified mission: to understand what it means to be a modern parent.
To understand the true ups and downs of family life.
To be intimately aware of the everyday stresses, burdens and uncertainties of parenthood.
And, most importantly, to appreciate the absolute joy that comes with being a mum or dad.
Only by knowing, understanding and appreciating all of this can they develop child mobility and caring solutions that multiply, maximise, and prolong every joyful moment of parenthood.