- Info on Maxi-Cosi
- Reviews & Questions
- Shipping Info
- Celebrity Users
- Product Movie
The Maxi-Cosi 2wayPearl is an i-Size car seat that lets children sit in the rearward facing position for longer - from 67 up to 105cm tall (approximately four years); maximising safety.
The versatile design can also be used in a forward facing position from 15 months to 105cm tall (approximately four years). Switch between rearward and forward facing with the touch of a button.
- Approved according to the latest European safety standard i-Size
- Easy-in harness
- Simultaneous headrest and harness adjustment
- Compact and modern design fits most cars
- Easy to switch between forward and rearward facing positions
- Side Protection System for best protection in side impacts
- Installation feedback including feedback to switch off frontal passenger airbag travelling rearward facing, and not to place baby forward facing before turning 15 months
- Cover can be washed in a washing machine
The year: 1984, a time when car travel for children meant a very limited choice of unsafe options.
Options such as unrestrained carrycots for babies and chairs simply hung over the back seat for toddlers.
However, 1984 was also the year that saw the introduction of Europe’s very first infant car seat. It was introduced by Maxi-Cosi and it was quite simply a revolution.
Brought to Europe by a small Dutch company
The concept of this infant car seat originated in the US, and was brought to Europe by a Dutch entrepreneur called Sjef van der Linden.
Sjef ran a successful retail nursery store in Helmond, Holland where the Dutch head office of Maxi-Cosi is still located. The moment he saw the concept, he knew it was perfect, and the first Maxi-Cosi car seat was born.
Everyone at Maxi-Cosi has set themselves a single, unified mission: to understand what it means to be a modern parent.
To understand the true ups and downs of family life.
To be intimately aware of the everyday stresses, burdens and uncertainties of parenthood.
And, most importantly, to appreciate the absolute joy that comes with being a mum or dad.
Only by knowing, understanding and appreciating all of this can they develop child mobility and caring solutions that multiply, maximise, and prolong every joyful moment of parenthood.